The Hyper Racing Lightning Sprint is a 1000cc engine in an upright chassis. The driver sits upright, like in a midget and full size sprint car. The Lightning Sprint uses 13" diameter wheels, midget components, chain drive, and a 16 square foot wing. Although not as popular as the 600’s (at least not yet!) Lightning Sprints have gained a lot of momentum the last few years in the Midwest and out to the West Coast.
What makes the Hyper Lightning Sprint Chassis unique?
- An adjustable sliding engine mount system makes gear changes easy and gives the ability to maintain perfect chain tension without changing the wheelbase. Other manufacturers move the rear axle to set chain tension.
- Sleek aerodynamic body available in fiberglass or pre-preg vacuum formed super strong carbon fiber.
- A revolutionary adjustable seat mounting system that makes mounting a seat very easy.
- An adjustable height rear seat belt bar enabling the seat belt cross over bar to be positioned in the optimal safe spot for every size driver.
- Custom, lightweight rear bearing carriers.
- Front mount radiator that will cool like no other.
- Maximum offset engine by rule. Competitors do not offset their engines as much as they could, and for good reason. It makes the frame much harder to manufacture. We go the extra mile.
- Z-link rear suspension with inboard brake floater for optimum handling and braking. Lightning Sprints have a high center of gravity that pairs well with the high amount of anti-squat the Z-link geometry provides.
- 12” Jacob's ladder to position the roll center correctly. Competitors just go the cheap way and use a 14” sprint car Jacob's ladder.
- Fuel forward tail and bladder system achieves proper weight distribution.
- Includes Hyper Racing’s custom valved shocks and 40 years of dirt track setup experience.