The EVO+ is a new design based on the huge success of the original EVO concept with the advancement of a wider power band.
For each engine platform we did extensive dyno testing to find the best possible combination of stack length, I.D. bore, as well as size and shape of the throttle bodies. For this particular engine, the '03-'05 ZX6R, the results were staggering, but the combination we ended up with was very surprising.
The best combination was the new EVO+ throttle bodies (slightly bigger bore with higher volume than the others) while NOT using adjustable stacks, but using the 605-330 long large velocity stacks.
There is a picture on this page showing the gains we made going from the original EVO throttle bodies to the EVO+ with long stacks. The adjustable stacks can add power, but only from 15,000 on up, and it didn't add a lot. It's not worth it at that point. So the good news is that is saves some money not having to use the adjustbale stacks and the Stack Controller.
Designed by Hyper Racing and the Pros at Kinsler Injection. Four big Evolutionary advancements include:
More Torque and HP:
- Many iterations tested to find the best volume and shape of the intake runner
- Transverse shafts locate throttle plate in line with the split in the intake valves for more laminar airflow
- 5 pounds lighter
- Magnesium construction
- Titanium hardware
- 4 Large injectors with stainless screens virtually eliminates injector clogging, sticking, and failing
- Less wiring due to only 4 injectors and engine sensors
- Easier diagnostics
- Less complicated mounting and installation, no more rubber boots: direct bolt design keeps throttle bodies on the engine
- Less to go wrong
Quality Design by Hyper Racing/Kinsler
- Transverse throttle shafts with ball bearing design on the throttle pull arm and all connecting links provide smooth action and precise throttle control on slick tracks
- The TPS sensor is on its own traverse throttle shaft to eliminate the possibility of fuel getting into the sensor which will cause the sensor to fail quickly.
- O-ring seal on air box and engine head to keep dirt out
- One piece throttle body design for consistent butterfly coordination: other aftermarket bodies for 600’s are modular
In Oval 600cc Sprint racing, the engine spends most of its time in the lower part of the RPM range. The exact RPM range varies depending on the shape of the track, the driver’s position on the track, and the drivers skill. The EVO Design Team analyzed dyno runs and data acquisition statistics and set out to improve the range between 8,000 and 13,000 RPM’s. These lower RPM’s are reached during passing, while recovering from mistakes (from the driver or by others), and of course on restarts.
The EVO Design Team relied on our 20 years of experience in dyno tuning, fuel injection conversions, and racing 600cc engines. We partnered with Kinsler Fuel Injection, taking full advantage of their expertise and experience in building super high quality throttle bodies and engine tuning through throttle bodies.
The EVO Design Team tested the first units on the dyno and on the track, with many different configurations of throttle body volume and shape as well as velocity stack shape and height. This was fallowed with even more dyno and track testing with many different size bores. Then we hit the combination that is a truly amazing game changing piece of technology.