The EVO+ is a new design based on the huge success of the original EVO concept with the advancement of a wider power band through the use of adjustable velocity stacks.
At lower rpms, generally below 12,500, the stacks are down providing a much longer intake runner length which provides more horsepower and torque in the lower RPM range. When the stacks lift off the throttle bodies, a shorter intake track length is achieved, and a significant increase in top end horsepower is gained (10 to 21 hp).
This assembly includes the complete throttle bodies, injectors, fuel rail, TPS sensor, and airbox including the adjustable stacks and actuating motor. The electronics are not included. To actuate the stacks, you will need either the PE3 ignition with the adjustable stack relay or the Hyper Stack Controller used in combination with the stock electronics.
Designed by Hyper Racing and the Pros at Kinsler Injection. Four big Evolutionary advancements include:
More Torque and HP:
- Many iterations tested to find the best volume and shape of the intake runner
- Transverse shafts locate throttle plate in line with the split in the intake valves for more laminar airflow
- Adjustable velocity stacks give the best length intake for max top and bottom end power.
- 5 pounds lighter
- Magnesium construction
- Titanium hardware
- 4 Large injectors with stainless screens virtually eliminates injector clogging, sticking, and failing
- Less wiring due to only 4 injectors and engine sensors
- Easier diagnostics
- Less complicated mounting and installation, no more rubber boots: direct bolt design keeps throttle bodies on the engine
- Less to go wrong
- Eliminates Yamaha throttle-by-wire
Quality Design by Hyper Racing/Kinsler
- Transverse throttle shafts with ball bearing design on the throttle pull arm and all connecting links provide smooth action and precise throttle control on slick tracks
- The TPS sensor is on its own traverse throttle shaft to eliminate the possibility of fuel getting into the sensor which will cause the sensor to fail quickly.
- O-ring seal on air box and engine head to keep dirt out
- One piece throttle body design for consistent butterfly coordination: other aftermarket bodies for 600’s are modular
In Oval 600cc Sprint racing, the engine spends most of its time in the lower part of the RPM range. The exact RPM range varies depending on the shape of the track, the driver’s position on the track, and the drivers skill. The EVO Design Team analyzed dyno runs and data acquisition statistics and set out to improve the range between 8,000 and 13,000 RPM’s. These lower RPM’s are reached during passing, while recovering from mistakes (from the driver or by others), and of course on restarts.
The EVO Design Team relied on our 20 years of experience in dyno tuning, fuel injection conversions, and racing 600cc engines. We partnered with Kinsler Fuel Injection, taking full advantage of their expertise and experience in building super high quality throttle bodies and engine tuning through throttle bodies.
The EVO Design Team tested the first units on the dyno and on the track, with many different configurations of throttle body volume and shape as well as velocity stack shape and height. This was fallowed with even more dyno and track testing with many different size bores. Then we hit the combination that is a truly amazing game changing piece of technology.